Insitu announced May 2 the formation of a new commercial business unit within its corporate structure.
The commercial unit will leverage the company’s twenty-plus years of experience in unmanned systems to deliver unprecedented value to the emerging unmanned commercial aerial data collection market.
Like our defense customers, Insitu’s commercial customers demand reliable, secure and professional operations to minimize risk and maximize value. With this new unit, Insitu is building on its technology, people and experience to create a commercial platform of product and service offerings that include:
* Air vehicles
* Inexa Control software for the safe and professional operation of unmanned systems
* TacitView and Catalina software suites for the collection, processing and distribution of multi-sensor data and human input
* A wide range of payloads that can be flown on manned or unmanned aircraft to collect the right modality of information
* A team of aerial data collection experts and aviation professionals
* A network of partners and vendors to ensure we are positioned to solve our customer challenges with the right capabilities where they are needed
“Through our work in sectors such as energy, firefighting and railway monitoring, we have learned that these industries are looking to us as a trusted advisor,” said Insitu President and CEO Ryan M. Hartman. “Insitu brings both the technology to assist companies with their information collection and processing needs and the experience gained through more than 20 years as a professional aviation company. Unmanned systems offer tremendous promise for industry, and Insitu’s mission is to ensure that these technologies are employed in the most professional and safe manner possible to minimize risk and maximize our customers’ return on investment.”
Insitu will provide more details about its new commercial business and showcase its platform of professional aviation products and services in the Insitu booth (#2213) at AUVSI’s Xponential 2016, May 2-6 in New Orleans.
Insitu is an industry-leading provider of information for superior decision making. With offices in the United States, United Kingdom and Australia.