Aerotech News and Review – Digital and Print Journal of Aerospace, Defense Industry and Veteran News, serving the Antelope Valley (“Aerospace Valley”) and Edwards AFB, CA. An AerotechNews.com Publication. – August 6, 2021
Click on the image below to view the latest digital edition.
Hello everyone, and thanks for checking out the August 6th issue of Aerotech News and Review! We have a GREAT issue lined up for you this week, starting with a look at our newest “X-Plane”: the newly redesignated X-62A. Formerly the NF-16D Variable In-flight Simulator Aircraft (VISTA), the aircraft is currently in the midst of an upgrade program which will fully replace the VISTA Simulation System. “The redesignation reflects the research done on the aircraft over the past almost 30 years, as well as acknowledges the major upgrade program that is ongoing to support future USAF autonomy testing,” said Dr. Chris Cotting, USAF TPS director of research. So — for our loyal readers who enjoyed our X-Plane special edition last month, here’s one more for the roster! We have the full story and MUCH more news prepared for you, in this week’s edition of Aerotech News. Click on the link below for your free, digital copy of Aerotech, viewable on your desktop or mobile device.
Here are some highlights from this week’s issue:
- What’s the point of the X-59 (aside from it being just being ‘plane’ cool?): page 3
- Rare Mojave B-23 Dragon now lives in Washington: page 4
- Nicholas-Beazley Aviation Museum: Aviation treasures in the heartland: page 6
- ‘Nhay Du Co Gang!’: South Vietnamese allies also chorused ‘Airborne, All The Way!’: page 8
- High Desert Hangar Stories: “Baa Baa Black Sheep” and “Black Sheep Squadron” — A baby boomer’s guilty pleasure: page 7
- “On This Date” photo feature: Kelly Johnson’s YF-12A, “first glide” of Space Shuttle prototype Enterprise and more: page 12
All this and much more, in this edition of Aerotech News and Review! Hard copies of this week’s paper will be available at our usual delivery points throughout the Antelope Valley, including Edwards AFB, beginning August 6th. Pick one up when you’re out and about, or visit our website, www.aerotechnews.com, for much more aerospace and defense industry news. “Like” our Facebook page for daily news updates – we now regularly cross-post news and features from the military bases we serve throughout the desert Southwest, as an extension of our military and defense community. As always, THANK YOU for your support – it’s our privilege to serve you! Be safe, and be well. #aerotechnews #eafbnews #explorethe661, #AerospaceValley