Luke Air Force Base is proud to present to the Arizona community the “75 Years of Airpower” airshow April 2 and 3. Attendees will experience exciting aerial acts, an array of static displays from both the past and present, and have the chance to interact with the Airmen who carry out the Luke mission of “Training the World’s Greatest F-35 and F-16 Fighter Pilots.” The Airmen at Luke are excited for the chance to say ‘Thank you’ to the community for the incredible support they give our mission each day.
Enjoy the VIP experience at the Luke Air Force Base airshow April 2 and 3. Tickets include exclusive access to the VIP tent where you can watch aerial demonstrations from a comfortable venue, private restrooms, food, drinks throughout the day and a parking pass for the VIP parking area. To purchase tickets, go to https://tickets.ticketforce.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=1457.
Other security considerations
Spectators coming to the show will pass through a security check point prior to entering the base.
During the 2016 Luke Air Force Base Air Show, the 56th Security Forces Squadron and their law enforcement partners would like to minimize traffic congestion and provide spectators and Luke personnel quick access to the base and parking areas. The following information will help attendees plan travel to the base and locate one of three parking areas:
Parking Lot A: Park & Walk
(at Litchfield and Glendale)
$10 per car (cash only)
Park your vehicle and walk to the airfield
• From I-10, proceed northbound on either Dysart Road or Litchfield Road. If using Dysart Road, turn left (west) onto Glendale Avenue and proceed to Parking Lot A. If using Litchfield Road, continue northbound until you are directed to Parking Lot A.
• From the 101, exit on Glendale Avenue. Proceed west toward Litchfield Road until you are directed to Parking Lot A.
There is no Handicapped parking in this lot.
Parking Lot B: Park & Ride
(at Litchfield and Olive)
$10 per car (cash only)
Park your vehicle and ride a chartered bus to the airfield. Please note that there is no access to this lot from Northern Parkway.
• From the east: Take Loop 101 to Olive Avenue exit. Proceed west on Olive to Litchfield Road. Turn left (south) on Litchfield Road to access the parking lot on the right.
• From the West: From Cotton Lane and Olive, (no access from Loop 303). Proceed eastbound on Olive to Litchfield Road. Turn right (south) on Litchfield to access the parking lot on the right.
• Visitors from the southeast valley: Use westbound I-10 and take the Loop 101 exit. Proceed northbound following the above instructions (from the east).
• Visitors from the Northwest (Sun City/Surprise area): Proceed southbound on Litchfield Road to Olive Avenue. Turn right into Parking Lot B south of the intersection.
State issued handicap license plate or placard is required to be allowed through the traffic control points or into handicap parking. ADA parking on base is limited and there is no guarantee of parking once the lots are at capacity.
• Handicap visitors from the Surprise/Sun City area: Use southbound Loop 303. Exit at the Northern Parkway and proceed to Litchfield Road. Officers will verify the plate or placard before allowing the driver to turn right (south) on Litchfield Road. Proceed to the North Gate on the right. Turn right (west) into North Gate and follow the North Gate instructions below.
• Northern Parkway users will NOT be allowed to turn on Litchfield Road
• Handicap visitors from Goodyear/Avondale area: Use northbound Dysart Road to Northern Parkway and turn left. Proceed to Litchfield Road. Officers will verify the plate or placard before allowing the driver to turn left (south). Proceed to the North Gate located on the right. Turn right (west) into North Gate and follow the North Gate instructions below.
• All other handicap visitors: Exit Loop 101 at Northern Avenue. Proceed westbound on Northern Avenue, which turns into Northern Parkway at Dysart Road. Proceed to Litchfield Road. Officers will verify the plate or placard before allowing the driver to turn left (south). Proceed to the North Gate located on the right. Turn right (west) into North Gate and follow the North Gate instructions below.
After entering the North Gate
Once on base, handicap visitors will follow the posted signs to the designated parking areas.
Note: All vehicles entering Luke AFB are subject to search. Failure to consent to search may result in the denial of entry of that vehicle onto the base.
There is no shuttle service available between the handicapped parking area and the handicapped seating area. Those walking should expect a long walk. The path is wheelchair accessible.
All visitors are subject to search by security forces and will NOT be allowed to pass through security with any of the following items:
• Weapons of any kind including pocket knives, pocket tools, scissors, box cutters, billy clubs, large-heavy chain-link jewelry or belts, mace and pepper spray
• Firearms of any type
• Toys that resemble firearms
• Spray paint and silly string
• Outside food
• Glass containers of any kind
• Illegal drugs
• Skateboards, heelies, roller skates or roller blades
• Medical Marijuana
Permitted items but use discretion:
• Baby bottles
• Medications. Bring prescriptions with you and in marked medical containers. (Avoid bringing medicine in Sunday through Saturday containers)
Permitted but will be checked:
• Cameras with bags
• Folding chairs (due to limited seating)
• Diaper bags, or any type of bag containing medical supplies.
Recommended items include:
• Hearing protection
• Folding chairs
Luke personnel will be allowed access to the base prior to 8 a.m. on April 2 and 3. After that time, the west side of the base will be closed to vehicle traffic except for those with an air show pass. The east side of the base will be open for normal business. Traffic going to the east side must use Kachina Gate. Drivers should be prepared to show military ID to be allowed access. All road closures will be in place by 8 a.m.
Traffic around the base
Glendale Avenue will be closed just east of Litchfield Road. Litchfield Road will be closed just south of Glendale Avenue and just south of Lightning Gate. Litchfield Road will be closed from Luke AFB to Peoria Avenue. Litchfield Road will be closed from Camelback Road to Luke AFB, with the exception of traffic parking in Lot A. No through traffic will be allowed. Northern Avenue will be completely closed between Reems Road and Dysart Road. Handicap placard and plate holders can access the base only from the north at Litchfield Road and Olive Avenue.