The 56th Civil Engineer Squadron Housing Management Office and 56th Force Support Squadron Airmen and Family Readiness Center will conduct a home-buying seminar for active-duty military members, retirees and their families 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the AFRC, Bldg. 1113. There will be a representative from the Veterans Affairs Office with information on the VA loan program. An AFRC representative will brief financial home buying information. Space is limited. To sign up or for more information, call Rodney Marks at 623-856-7643. No realtors or financial institutions please.
The 56th Medical Group is offering camp, sports and school physicals June 1 to Aug. 23. To schedule or for more information, call 623-856-2273.
Summer reading program
The Luke Air Force Base Library summer reading program for children ages 4 to 16 begins June 14 and is an all-day event. Children receive a free T-shirt. For more information, call 623-856-7191.
The 56th Force Support Squadron Airman & Family Readiness Center is holding a Transition Assistance Program workshop 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. June 14 in Bldg. 1113. For more information, call 623-856-6550.
Summer fun camps
Register now for camp.
• Golf camp is 8 a.m. to noon June 6 to 10 for children ages 9 to 12. The cost is $59.
• Tom Kuyper Basketball camp is 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June 13 to 17 for children ages 8 to 14. The cost is $35 per youth program member and $45 per nonmember.
• Challenger Sports Indoor Soccer camp is 8:30 a.m. to
12:30 p.m. June 20 to 24 for children ages 6 to 12. The cost is $45 per YP member and $55 per nonmember.
• Missoula Children’s Theater camp is 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June 27 to July 1 for children ages 6 to 18. The cost is $35 per YP member and $45 per nonmember. Performances for “Peter and Wendy” are July 1.
• Volleyball camp is 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. July 5 to 8 for children ages 8 to 14. The cost is $25 per YP member and $35 per nonmember.
• Dancing camp is 9 a.m. to noon for children ages 6 to 8 and 1 to 4 p.m. for children ages 9 to 15 July 5 through 8. The cost is $35 per YP member and $45 per nonmember.
• Sideline sports camp is 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. July 18 to 22 for children ages 9 to 15. The cost is $35 per YP member and $45 per nonmember.
• Science camp is 9 a.m. to noon for children ages 6 to 8 and 1 to 4 p.m. for children ages 9 to 15 July 25 to 29. The cost is $25 per YP member and $35 per nonmember.
For more information, call the 56th Force Support Squadron Youth Center at 623-856-7470.
For Airmen wishing to submit a commissioning package for the Air Force ROTC program, Scholarships for Outstanding Airmen to ROTC, the submission date to Air Education and Training Command is Sept. 15. Waivers are due Sept. 1. For more information, visit the education center or call 623-8656-7722.
Thrift shop closes for summer
The Luke Air Force Base Thrift Shop, located at Bldg. 750, will be open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today but will close for the summer and reopen at 10 a.m. Sept. 7. There is a sale today but no consignments will be taken. Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LukeAirForceBaseThriftShop.
Toastmasters on base
Toastmasters meets noon to 1 p.m. Thursday in Bldg. 1150, 3rd Floor Conference Room. Improve communication and leadership skills through friendly, constructive exercises involving prepared and impromptu speaking, and group leadership. Instructional materials are provided. The cost is $20 to join and $7 per month thereafter. For more information, call Lynne Nutter at 623-856-8711.