DALLAS — As PCS season kicks off for Soldiers, Airmen and their families, the Army & Air Force Exchange Service has all the right moves for making a smooth transition.
Exchange shoppers can visit PCS Headquarters online at www.shopmyexchange.com/PCS to find moving checklists, helpful products and more.
“The Exchange understands the needs of Soldiers and Airmen accepting a permanent-change-of station assignment,” said Air Force Chief Master Sgt. Sean Applegate, Exchange senior enlisted advisor. “The Exchange can ease the transition, and our online PCS Headquarters has everything military members need in one convenient location.”
At PCS Headquarters, Soldiers, Airmen and families can:
• Shop for items that come in handy during a move, including packing materials, storage bins and luggage.
• Find products to make their new space feel more like home, such as draperies, appliances, furniture and more.
• Get information on TV, phone and Internet hook-up.
• Receive a discount on PODS storage.
“PCS’ing can be exciting but also stressful,” Applegate said. “The Exchange is committed to be there for Soldiers, Airmen and families during this time, supporting them wherever they are called to serve.”
To ease the financial stress of moving, MILITARY STAR cardholders can use their Operation PCS Benefit Cards in-store and online to save even more. Shoppers should call 800-527-2345 before placing an online order to redeem their savings. To obtain a benefit card, Soldiers and Airmen should present their orders at their local Exchange’s customer service desk.
When shoppers with a benefit card use their MILITARY STAR card, they’ll receive:
• $10 off purchases of $100 or more.
• No interest or payment for six months on single transactions from $500-$999.
• No interest or payment for 12 months on single transactions of $1,000 or more.
Benefit cards are valid for 90 days once they’ve been received. Shoppers can pick up their cards through Aug. 15. The card can be used multiple times but only once per day.