Luke AFB Thunderbolt – Base Newspaper for Luke AFB, serving the West Valley region of Phoenix, AZ – October 2019
Click the image below to view this month’s digital edition.
Thanks for checking out the October edition of Luke AFB Thunderbolt! Check out this beauty on our cover: the Air Force’s new trainer aircraft has been officially designated the T-7A Red Hawk. “The name Red Hawk honors the legacy of Tuskegee Airmen, and pays homage to their signature red-tailed aircraft from World War II,” said acting AF Secretary Matthew Donovan. A storied heritage being carried forward by a new training platform that will allow our forces to better train to the speed of the threat – click on the link below to read the full story, in this month’s issue of Luke AFB Thunderbolt.
Here are some more highlights from this month’s issue (read it online by clicking on the link below):
- F-35 Demo Team moves to Hill AFB for 2020 airshow season: pages 3 & 4
- Veterans Affairs awards $30 million to support at-risk vets: page 3
- Wounded Warrior airman refuses to quit: page 5
- Photo feature: Thunderbolts run in POW / MIA Recognition: page 8
- Photo feature: Panthers bring out “Beast” of F-35A: pages 12 & 13
- Photo feature: 56th SFS Airmen prepare to deploy: page 14
- At Ease/ Luke Events Guide: pages 21-24
All this and much more, in this month’s edition of Luke AFB Thunderbolt! Pick up a copy of the paper at distribution points on base and in the West Valley starting October 4th, and “Like” our Facebook page for daily updates on news coming out of Luke and other military and defense installations in the desert southwest. It is our privilege to serve you – have a great week! #aerotechnews #lukeafbnews