Business

November 6, 2015
 

Raytheon will begin FAB-T satellite communication terminal production

The U.S. Air Force has cleared its Milestone C decision briefing allowing Raytheon to start low-rate initial production of communications terminals for the Family of Advanced Beyond Line of Sight Terminal (FAB-T) program.
The Milestone C review marks the beginning of the production phase of the program. Raytheon will produce both airborne and ground terminal variants, deliver spares and provide training, installation and logistical support, under an exercised contract option of the previously awarded production program.  
“Starting low-rate production is a significant achievement for the FAB-T program,” said Scott Whatmough, vice president of Integrated Communications Systems for Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems business. “Our focus during production will remain on delivering an affordable, reliable and capable solution that meets the requirements of this critically important mission.”
FAB-T is a highly secure satellite communications terminal that allows the President of the United States, senior military advisers and combatant commanders to receive and transmit voice, data, imagery and video across the world to support various military operations.
The terminals, which provide access to and command and control communication links to the Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF) satellite communications system, will be manufactured at Raytheon’s facility in Largo, Fla. Raytheon’s Marlborough, Mass., site will also provide support.




All of this week's top headlines to your email every Friday.


 
 

 

Headlines – February 16, 2018

News It’s official: DOD releases new ‘deploy or get out’ policy – The Pentagon on Feb. 14 released its new policy on military lethality, which will begin separation procedures for service members who have been non-deployable for the last 12 months or more.     Business South Korea’s K2 tank to run on German transmission...
 
 

News Briefs – February 16, 2018

Trump’s military parade could cost $10M-$30M The White House budget director says a military parade envisioned by President Donald Trump could cost between $10 million and $30 million, although that money is not included in the administration’s new budget request. Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney told the House Budget Committee Feb. 14...
 
 
Courtesy photograph

A different look at history

Courtesy photograph An air raid alert in Los Angeles, Feb. 25, 1942. Those of you who are students of history and enjoy the subject are the ones who will carry it forward to future generations. Many times I have been in classes...