Ask the Doc


Q. How do I file an appeal for a denied dental claim?

A. To file a dental appeal, follow the instructions on the dental explanation of benefits (DEOB) or determination letter for your denied claim. Send your appeal to the dental contractor for your program. See below for the address.

Dental Program Appeals Instructions For Help
Active Duty Dental Program (ADDP) United Concordia Companies, Inc.
Fill out the “Appeal Form” in the Active Duty Service Member portal at or submit your appeal in writing with a a copy of your
bill to: United Concordia Companies, Inc.
ADDP Unit – Appeals
P.O. Box 69430
Harrisburg, PA 17106-9430

Tricare Dental MetLife TRICARE Dental Program Appeals MetLife: 1-855-638-8371
Program (TDP) P.O. Box 14183 (CONUS) or 1-855-638-
Lexington, KY 40512 8372 (OCONUS)
Fax: 1-855-763-1335

Retiree Dental Delta Dental of California Delta Dental:
Program (TRDP) Federal Govt. Programs Appeals Dept. 1-888-838-8737
P.O. Box 537015
Sacramento, CA 95853

In most cases, appeals must be submitted within 90 days from the date on your DEOB or determination letter. For more information on how your dental program’s appeals process works, call your dental contractor or read the “Appeals” section of your dental program’s handbook or brochure.

Contact Information
Active Duty Dental Program Contractor (United Concordia)

TRICARE Dental Program Contractor (MetLife)
1-855-638-8371 (CONUS)
1-855-638-8372 (OCONUS)

TRICARE Retiree Dental Program Contractor (Delta Dental)
1-888-838-8737 (Stateside)
AT&T USADirect Access Number + 866-721-8737

Send your questions to