Desert Lightning News Nellis-Creech AFB – Serving Nellis AFB, Creech AFB, Las Vegas NV and surrounding communities – August 16, 2019
Click on the image below to view this week’s digital edition.
Thanks for checking out the August 16th issue of Nellis-Creech Desert Lightning News! Our cover story this week features “the brains of Red Flag” – the 805th Combat Training Squadron. Serving as the infrastructure backbone of Red Flag, the 805th CTS (formerly the 505th TS) tackles a diverse mission of software development, operational relevance assessment and tactics, techniques and procedures development. Just one more element that ensures Nellis AFB remains at the center of warfighter innovation – click on the link below for a full digital copy of our August 16 edition, and read the full story.
Here are some more highlights from this week’s issue:
- Servant leadership principles build strong teams – page 2
- Tiger Airmen celebrate maintenance support section grand opening– page 3
- Vet-to-vet mental health counseling available at vet centers – page 5
- AFWERX Fusion 2019 spurs innovative collaborations – page 6
- Photo Feature: Royal Australian AF participates in Red Flag – pages 10 & 11
All this and much more, in this week’s edition of Desert Lightning News! Pick up a copy of the paper at our usual distribution points on base and in surrounding communities starting August 16th, and “Like” our Facebook page for daily updates on news coming out of Nellis and Creech AFBs, as well as other military and defense installations in the desert southwest. It is our privilege to serve you – enjoy your weekend! #aerotechnews #nellisafbnews #creechafbnews