Every Monday: Ready, Set, Grow at the Youth Center 10 a.m.
Every Thursday: Walk-in GI Bill briefing 2 p.m.
Nellis Family/Sports Day: On behalf of Brig. Gen. Christopher Short and Col. Richard Boutwell, we invite you to the Nellis Family/Sports Day! This event, scheduled for Nov. 13 is open to all Department of Defense ID cardholders and we have a variety of events all day long!
• Come out to see our very own Thunderbirds do an incoming team orientation flight over the field at 8 a.m.
• Turn out at the Nellis Fitness complex at 10 a.m. for sports day. The Fitness Center is happy to register your team to play a variety of sports, including Kickball, Speed golf, Swimming relay, 3 on 3 basketball, Humvee Push, Ultimate Football, and a Home run derby. You may register you or your team at the Fitness Center front desk, or by calling the Fitness Center at 702-652-4891.
• There will be food trucks on site supporting a pay as you go lunch.
• We will have a family friendly zone in Freedom Park near the playground with bouncy castles, a coloring station, and cotton candy.
• Lots of Airmen invest lots of time and money and pour their hearts into restoring or sprucing up their cars, trucks, and/or motorcycles. This is their chance to showcase their hard work to the rest of the base in a Show-n-Shine! To sign up, contact Senior Master Sgt. Bryan Wilson at 702-348-5622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A Nellis event wouldn’t be complete without our Squadrons or Airmen duking it out over some lung-scorching and eye-water jalapeno popcorn! Awards for the Best Overall, Hottest, and Fan Favorite categories. Contact Tech. Sgt. Amorita Jenkins at 702-652-4119 or email@example.com and/or Tech. Sgt. Iris Figueroa at 702-652-0238 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Take a swing at helping our fellow Airmen! Help to demolish an automobile while raising Combined Federal funds for the Airmen & Family Readiness Center, Deployed Family Support System, Youth Programs Nellis AFB, and First Sergeants Operation Warmheart! One for $3, and two hits costs $5. For more information, contact Master Sgt. Curtis Kelley at 702-652-8095 or email@example.com and/or Master Sgt. Patrick Goldston at 702-652-4468 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Take to the track for this continuous team event led by your unit’s CFC representative! Pledges will be collected toward each lap a team member walked/ran or push-up/sit-up they achieved during the event. Look for more information from your unit’s CFC rep.
• Stay for a special USO Show with Guest Performers in the sports field across from the main billeting office. More details to come!
Det. 1, 563rd OSS change of command: Come out to the Det. 1, 563rd Operations Support Squadron change of command ceremony 1 p.m., Nov. 13 at The Club. Presiding official Lt. Col. Russell Cook, 563rd OSS commander, will oversee the event as Maj. Brian Slade relinquishes command to Maj. Michael Paulus.
549th Combat Training Squadron change of command: Come out to the 549th Combat Training Squadron change of command ceremony 9 am, Dec. 7 at the Green Flag Auditorium. Presiding official Col. Kenneth Smith, 57th Operations Group commander, will oversee the event as Lt. Col. Cameron Dadgar relinquishes command to Lt. Col. Jordan Grant. For more information, contact Airman 1st Class Nevin Ewell at 702-652-8843 or Capt. Tonya Satchell at 702-652-8787.
National Anthem Auditions: Calling all singers! If you have a voice you would like to share come audition to join the Nellis/Creech National Anthem Team. We’re looking for good singers to support community and base functions. Auditions at Nellis are scheduled for Nov. 16, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Base Theater. Auditions at Creech are scheduled for Nov. 17 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. All military and civilians (over 18 years old) are welcome. For more information, contact Mary Jo Wheeler at email@example.com.
Exciting news for November at the Testing Center: To thank our Veteran’s during the month of November, the National University test center will waive the $20 proctoring for all CLEP and DSST tests for all veterans and proctored exams for the month of November. If you pass your DSST — Ethics in America exam anytime during the month of November, you will get a USB (while supplies last). There is also a new CLEP/DSST testing information pamphlet. Feel free to stop by the education office, the testing center, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Blood Drive Dates: The following dates will be located at Outdoor Recreation with the exception of two MDG drives:
Deployed Spouses Supporting Deployed Spouses: Stay strong during deployments and meet with other deployed spouses. Share ideas, learn coping skills, socialize and more. Meetings are held at the Airman and Family Readiness Center from 11 a.m. to noon the first and third Monday of each month. For more information call 702-652-3327.
Workout Group: Workout with the AM-Extreme Group at the Warrior Fitness Center. Classes include: Insanity and Ab Ripper — Mondays and Fridays in the Cardio Room from 5:15 to 6:20 a.m. P90X — Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Cardio Room from 5:15 to 6:20 a.m. YogaX — Wednesdays at Racquetball Court three from 4:40 to 6:20 a.m. For more information, contact Staff Sgt. Armelyn Braceros at email@example.com.
Resume Writing: The second Thursday of each month, from 9 to11 a.m. at the Airman & Family Readiness Center. Topics include networking, cover letters, announcements, resumes and marketing resume writing.
Love and Logic Parenting Series: Family Advocacy is hosting the Love and Logic parenting series at the Centennial Hills YMCA, Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m. Free childcare is provided for YMCA members. For more information, call 702-653-3880.
Parent Support Group: Share common experiences unique to special needs families and learn about new information and resources. We meet the third Wednesday of every month at the airman and family readiness center.
Nellis Company Grade Officer’s Council: The Nellis CGOC provides a source of social and professional development for all company grade officers at Nellis. Volunteer and leadership opportunities are available as well as the chance to network with other like-minded professionals at Nellis. Monthly meetings are held on the last Thursday of every month at Robin’s Roost in The Club from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. For more information, call 702-652-9623.
Need uniform items but don’t have time to go to Nellis? Creech is slated to have the ability to order uniform items and have them delivered next day. Talk to your squadron leadership for more information.
Reporting Suspicious Activities on or near Creech Air Force Base: Please report any suspicious behavior/activities observed on or near Creech AFB to law enforcement ASAP. AFOSI can be contacted at 702-404-1613 and Security Forces at 702-404-3333. Members are also asked to add these telephone numbers to cell phones so they are available to contact either agency quickly when needed. Additionally, if you are in a group and the entire group observes the activity in question please only have one individual from the group contact law enforcement. If anyone has observed any suspicious behaviors/activities not previously reported, contact AFOSI or Security Forces.
Creech Personal Enrichment & Balance Series: Challenges Faced by Dual Military Couples: Nov. 12, 11 a.m. to noon
• Who’s the Boss? Conflict Resolution Ages 4-12: Nov. 19, 11 a.m. to noon
• Who’s the Boss? Conflict Resolution Ages 13-16: Nov. 19, noon to 1 p.m.
• Financial Readiness for Officers at First Duty Station: Nov. 25, 8 to 9:30 a.m.
Registration for classes is recommended. For more information and to register, contact the Creech Airman & Family Readiness Center at 702-404-0864/0285.